contribute, empower, preserve, and inspire
Each year Pom Foundation serves over 100 youths and involves over 200 community members in our activities. The target population is second-generation Lao-American youths and their families. The Pom Foundation bridges the gap for American born youths to their Lao roots through the universal language of art, culture, and education. This exercise has proven invaluable for the Lao American youths who participate in the different program as they discover their Lao American cultural identity, and to develop their individuality and self-awareness.
Pom Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (Tax ID 81-2160962). All contributions are tax-deductible.
"Not merely a demonstration of these students’ skill; it is the result of a profound process of learning about their family ancestry, culture, language and belief"-Karen B. Stewart, United States Ambassador to Laos 2010-2013
Through our programs we...
- Build community leaders.
- Provide a lifelong support system.
- Create a sense of family and belonging.
- Instill values of humanitarianism and community service.
- Provide new experiences, networks, and opportunities.
- Fosters a sense of community and unity.
- Pom Foundation is our home away from home.